Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:11 AM   #1
alexcf
macrumors newbie

Headphone Splitter

Hi guys,

So I've been having problems with using headphone splitters on my iPad with the Apple In-Ear and the original Apple Headphones. It's a pretty simple problem, it's basically down to the mic being integrated into the jack. What I've found is, if I plug my headphones in, the sound is either distorted, or I'm only able to hear half of the sound track. i.e. only the background noise, not the voices on a film.

I've tried a few different splitters, the belkin moulded one, and a few other ones I had lying around the house, all have the same problem. The only solution is to strategically plug the headphones in but pulling them out slightly so they make a proper connection, but if you're on a train/plane with a girlfriend who can't get comfy, it usually gets knocked and you end up having to fiddle for a couple of minutes to get it in exactly the right position again!

When I use my Bose QC15s, I don't have a problem at all, it seems to be just a problem with the apple headphones. I thought it was the Belkin coupler at first, so I binned my first one and bought another but still had the same problem.

Anyone else have that problem or know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Alex.
alexcf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:08 PM   #2
The Green Mac
macrumors member

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Lifest.../dp/B0015ZDT5C
The Green Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories