Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Sep 3, 2010, 07:31 AM   #1
Knisis
macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro 13-inch trackpad problems

I'm having some trouble with my trackpad, and sometimes my whole computer.
I use tap to click and tap to drag on my trackpad, but at times it randomly gets stuck 'clicking' so that even if I am not touching the trackpad it still registers me holding the 'click', even if I wait a few seconds for it to deselect like it's supposed to, it just refuses to. If I tap/click again, it just clicks and holds again, and I can't move the mouse because it will try to drag whatever I happened to click on all over the screen. Is this a software or hardware bug on my part?
I think it's software because sometimes when my computer goes to sleep/screensaver, if I try to wake it before 5 seconds has passed (5 seconds grace of not requesting password), it shouldn't ask for my password. However, it shows me my desktop but has the login box on screen. I can click around it and use my computer just fine, but if I click cancel it goes back to sleep/screensaver, and it's annoying to have to type my password if I was ignoring my computer for too long for it to sleep and me having to try and wake it instantly.

I'm not sure what's going on. And I can't really reinstall because I left my installer disks overseas, and my Time Machine as well.

Any ideas? Mostly for the trackpad issue, the screensaver one is random and rare enough to not be a priority.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 07:42 PM   #2
Jaikie
macrumors newbie

RE: trackpad problems

Sounds like it was the latest trackpad update that started this problem.
Jaikie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:27 AM   #3
androticus
macrumors newbie

Same problem

I'm having the same problem! It only started happening fairly recently (last couple months.) The only way I've found to get around it is to restart, which is obviously a huge pita!
androticus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:57 PM   #4
booste
macrumors member

It happens to me too, and just the other day I found a way to cancel it without restarting or waiting.

Just double tap the trackpad and it stops dragging It's not a real solution but at least you can easily cancel it...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro