Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockstar0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
I just downloaded the new itunes 10, and the first thing I noticed was the "album by artist" column under the music library. I don't like it at all. I want to remove it, but I can't!!!! I'm not talking about the "album artist" column. This is totally new with the iTunes 10. When I try to remove it by, it only gives me the option of sort and artwork. This is frustrating. Any suggestions?

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Click on the column header and it will cycle through 'Album', 'Album by Artist' and 'Album by Artist/Year'.

Or to remove the column entirely click 'View' - 'View Options' and check/uncheck whichever columns you want displayed.

mcnicks

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
You can switch to the old column view using the buttons on the top part of the window.

CPEBach

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
Same problem

I have the same problem with ITunes 10. I can't remove the 'album by artist' column via the 'view' tab or via the 'column browser.' This is a dreadful innovation. Apple obviously doesn't understand that for many ITunes users (eg listeners of classical music or audio books), 'artist' isn't a useful category for sorting tracks.

IthXero

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
Just go to view and select "As List" (ctrl+shift+3). It fixes it. Or at least it did for me.

jpeterman

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
Solved!

Thank you so much! The Album by Artist column is awful and caused me to hate iTunes 10 when I thought that it was a permanent fixture!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.