Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Hey all,

I installed iTunes 10 and hated the new icon so I replaced it with a different one but now I want to switch it back but no longer have the original. Can someone please make a copy of it and upload it for me. To access it just right click iTunes and click ' Show Package Contents' then 'Contents' and then 'Resources'. Its in there.

Thank You!

Salacion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Might be unnecessary. Try this first.

Go To iTunes in Applications > Right Click > Select "Get Info" > Select Icon > Press Delete.

This should revert the icon back to its original state.

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Thanks for the help but I found another way, I just clicked 'Show Package Contents' for the iTunes Helper App which has the same icon and copied it but renamed it. Everything is back to how it was now. The reason I had to revert back is because after I changed the icon I kept getting the following pop up every time I opened iTunes:

" Do you want "iTunes.app" to accept incoming network connections "

Not sure why this kept popping up but since I switched the icon back its stopped. Strange.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
Well sonofa....

Mine was doing the same thing, and then when I reverted back to original with Candybar it stopped asking that question every time.

What a pain in the neck. I guess that's the iTunes way of making us use the stock icon instead of any kind of mod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.