Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbhegedus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF THE AUTO FLIP THINGY ON THE FRONT IPHONE 4 CAMERA?!?!?! it drives me crazy that on the screen i look decent for the picture:cool: , then the iphone autoflips it so then i look retarded :mad:

josielinnea

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2007
Stockholm
It's actually that it shows the mirror when you're taking the shot "mirrored" and then the actual picture saved is correct. I understand you find this frustrating, but would you think about this:

Wouldn't it feel kind of wierd if the picture on the screen while you are angling the camera, would show you in the way others see you? It would mean if put your finger on your left cheek, on the screen it would be on the right side.
My opinion is that that would feel really wierd, and that it's way better the way they do it now.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Sounds like it's time to learn photoshop (or its equivalent). Also josielinnea is correct that it actually shows the correct image.

jchook

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2010
I agree with OP. weirder than non-mirror-image preview is a false preview. It's frustrating because the image you see when you take the picture is altered before it is saved. Is there a way to make the phone save the mirror image?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.