Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Hey wats up guys. I just joined the forum. I've got a 2.5 dual core G5, and my fan is always running, and its loud. I still get normal functionality while moving about on the system, but my fan always running is annoying cause its loud. It comes n goes like gets loud, quiets down builds back up, and its constant. Is that normal or do I need a fan?

raysfan81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
Hey wats up guys. I just joined the forum. I've got a 2.5 dual core G5, and my fan is always running, and its loud. I still get normal functionality while moving about on the system, but my fan always running is annoying cause its loud. It comes n goes like gets loud, quiets down builds back up, and its constant. Is that normal or do I need a fan?

Is it a dual processor G5 or a G5 quad?

green86

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
North Carolina

What OS are you running? Also, try setting the processor performance on "highest" in the Energy Saver preference pane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.