Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronscottf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Burien, WA
Hi all,
I'm a long-time Mac owner (this is my 4th) but new to Mac forums. I'm making the transition from playing action type games on a console system to playing games on my Mac (Madden, Call of Duty, etc). It sucks playing them without some kind of controller and I am looking hard at what's out there. I would appreciate any suggestions or places to research that you all may have.

I have a MacBook Pro, 17", 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 processor, and 8 GB 1067MHz DDR3 memory.

So what are the best controllers that are currently available? Or would I be better served to wait a couple of months for something due out any time? I don't want to wait forever and I know that there will always be something better coming out, but if there is something revolutionary coming soon, I'd wait.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Scott

ronscottf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Burien, WA
I really like the Logitech playstation style controller. $20 at Best Buy, works with everything. Get USB Overdrive for max win.

What the hell is "max win"?

But seriously, is the Logitech the best I can do? Or is it good enough for all that I am interested in?

rprebel

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
Where the bluebonnets bloom
What the hell is "max win"?

But seriously, is the Logitech the best I can do? Or is it good enough for all that I am interested in?
Maximum amounts of "win". It means USB Overdrive is a great utility for game controllers. No, the Logitech is not the best you can do. There are all manner of controllers out there that you can use, and if you're intent on spending a lot of money that's fine. I was just letting you know that there is a good controller out there that happens to be cheap.

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada
i think there's a way to get the ps3 controller to work with the macbook pro via bluetooth

i tried a long time ago but i don't think i was successful

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.