Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idkew

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I'm starting a thread for people to tell of their switch stories.

Have you convinced anyone to switch before? Tell us about it!

I will tell some stories later. I have been fairly successful, but not perfectly. I almost convinced someone tonight, he just had no money to buy an apple.

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
I used to use...

I used to use paper, but when I was in Junior High, my parents bought me my first computer. It was an Apple IIe. I sometimes go back to paper if I find something that isn't compatible with my Apple computer, but for the most part, I'm Apple all the way.

Sorry if you didn't think that was funny.

idkew

macrumors 68020
Original poster
mine

I have been fairly successful at college. I have convinced two people to switch and they have bought their macs. One was my roommate, and another was one of my fraternity brothers. My roommate bought a Pismo and the other guy got a 800Mhz iMac LCD.

I also have convinced three others that they should buy a mac for their next computer.

Not bad, considering they might convince a few people to switch also.

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
i think it might be better if we just have links to other posts/threads where ppl have swithced others or stories from the switch victims that are already on the forums...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.