Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:57 AM   #1
samuellaw178
macrumors newbie

Help needed :( Must I need a new digitizer for cracked 3GS screen?

Hi there! I accidentally dropped my iphone 3GS from the table on its side and now it is cracked. However, everything seems fine; the screen still functions perfectly when I touch them. The only thing is that the screen cracks which doesn't look nice. So, do I need to buy a digitizer along with the outer glass screen?I read somewhere that the digitizer converts analog signal into digital one. But since my touch screen still works perfectly, do I still need to replace it?
Thank you very much in advanced!I tried searching on googles and on the forum but cant seem to get my question answered. What do I need to buy to replace it?
samuellaw178 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Gadgetgeezer
macrumors regular

You need to replace the whole digitizer. You cannot change just the glass - doesn't work like that. If you do it, be careful since I have to fix alot of people's mistakes!!!!

Regards

Spencer
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:59 PM   #3
chargit
macrumors 6502a

you need the entire touch screen. you are better off taking your phone to a repair shop. if you dont know what you are doing you could cause some expensive damage to your phone like Spencer said. and dont trust the parts off ebay. they are junk and dont work most of the time. they are made very cheaply.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting