|Sep 7, 2010, 01:30 AM||#1|
Why Buy Apple TV?
can someone please explain to me why I would spend $99 on this when I can just watch and rent the stuff online?
MBP 1.83 ghz, recently upgraded to 2 gigs of ram and Leopard, and now CRASHED Logic Board.
|Sep 7, 2010, 01:40 AM||#2|
Maybe rephrase your question better?
I think you don't understand that the Apple TV hooks up to your TV?
Unless your TV has those functions already, how exactly is it hard to understand?
15" rMBP 2.7GHz+16GB+768GB :: iPhone 5 32GB :: iPad Mini 64GB Wi-Fi
|Sep 7, 2010, 01:56 AM||#3|
As suggested, the biggest sell is getting iTunes store content onto your TV, not a computer.
In general, some of the strengths vs. similar competing electronics are:
1. Simple, Apple-esque interface designed around the use of a remote control instead of computer and mouse.
2. Ability to stream purchased content from your computer's iTunes library to your TV (then take it with you on your iPhone when you're on the go).
3. If you don't watch a lot of TV shows, the new Apple TV may let you eliminate your cable bill while watching the same content for a fraction of the price. Since only two networks currently support the "rental" model, however, you may have to BUY most content through iTunes on your computer, still.
3. Portals to YouTube, Flickr (w/slide shows), and other internet services.
4. Free, on-demand content from video podcasts (I watch full length MSNBC podcasts).
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Apple TV 2 TV Show Sorting||TheCheapGeek||Apple TV and Home Theater||40||Nov 21, 2012 03:47 AM|
|Mac Mini, Eye TV Hybird, Handbrake, Apple TV 2||sblanford||Apple TV and Home Theater||5||Jan 11, 2012 10:25 PM|
|Best "thing" to buy to stream reliably to apple tv and ps3||Mowgli21||Buying Tips and Advice||1||Sep 6, 2011 01:43 PM|
|Is there likely to be a NEWER apple TV coming for 2011??||cootersgarage6||Apple TV and Home Theater||8||Dec 22, 2010 10:39 AM|
|Apple TV with iOS 4.0 unable to be jailbroken?||sidgriffey||Apple TV and Home Theater||11||Nov 10, 2010 05:35 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.