Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Secruoser

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Hi fellow MRs,

I need some ideas of what visuals to use to make an attractive profile pic with these size and theme:

Size: 180px Wide x 360px Tall (1:2)
Theme: Mac or Apple products seller

I'm not asking for a finished design, I just need some brainstorming on the possible visuals, something clever, related to the theme but doesn't necessarily show the obvious product. I have apple tree, apple fruit in mind, anything else? The vertical orientation is causing me the headache but I want this particular size.

Thanks.

dcubed20

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Does your company have a logo? If yes, use that. If no, you should probably worry about having a logo before a facebook avatar.

Does your company have a logo? If yes, use that. If no, you should probably worry about having a logo before a facebook avatar.

I would agree. A logo is the brand of your company, and once you are successfully branded, putting it as your facebook profile pic will generate instant recognition. Take for example coke, apple, etc. All you need to see is their logo and you know what it means.

Secruoser

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010

Yes I do have a logo, but my logo is a type logo, and it's horizontal. I'm including my logo 180px square, at the bottom, thus I have 180px wide and 360px tall space left. I want an attractive visual to go along with the logo in the profile pic. You can get the idea of what I mean here. Converse's profile pic hit it right on here.

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2007
Toronto
I don't know, not to sound cynical but it sounds like you are looking for a bit of a "hand-out". ;) Why not advertise the products as the visual but in a creative/unique way? (that is if you are an authorized reseller or dealer). I would think that the banner should represent the nature of your business and an apple tree does not do that...imo.

Why not ask the designer who did your website/logo/stationary design as your media should all mesh visually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.