Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
So Im in a PC environment with my 24" iMac...everyone, but me basically, uses the Exchange Server setup with Outlook for our entire networking system and email communications.

So while Ive got Entourage 2008, theyve got Outlook in Win7.

The limitations of Entourage are great when you consider its nigh impossible to email using HTML beyond the simplistic formatting. Outlook can create tables and format them, Entourage cant do jack.

So Id like to do something which is simple in Windows but seems to be difficult on the Mac...send an email whose contents are pulled from a webpage.

i.e. I have an html document on a server, I want the contents of that html file to be the contents of an email I send out.

OR if thats not possible, to at least let me insert the html code into an email and send it so it renders as a nicely formatted page in the recipients mailbox.

Since this is NOT for marketing or anything beyond our internal network...I dont need to hear "html emails are bad". They serve a purpose for this project, but im finally hitting a wall with the mac in trying to do it.

Are there simple 3rd party apps (using Apples Mail.app is not really an easy option in our setup) to do such things?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.