Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Sep 7, 2010, 06:25 PM   #1
drmacjazz
macrumors newbie

where are my kindle books?

When I sync my ipad with my mac i can see everything on my mac except my Kindle book downloads. Anybody know where Kindle books are backed up to?

cheers
drmacjazz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:43 PM   #2
poloponies
macrumors 68030

They live in the Kindle cloud. If you go to your Kindle account on the Amazon site it's like a master distribution center for all your associated devices. The books will always reside there.
poloponies is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:53 PM   #3
gr8tfly
macrumors 603

They're also backed up locally, in the device's iTunes backup file. They are encrypted using Kindle's DRM, but if you want the physical file you can use something like iPhone Backup Extractor to extract it from your backup.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:57 AM   #4
wackymacky
macrumors 65816

Location: sent to 17.019528,-25.06721 for the next 6 weeks for my sins
If your question is how to read books you've bought with your Mac on the iPad, then (as long as it is signed on with the same Amazon account), click on the Archived items button within the Kindle App on the iPad to load them.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 05:35 AM   #5
wilsonlaidlaw
macrumors 6502

Synced to wrong device maybe?

My guess is that you have done what I did at first. I did not change the selected Kindle device from my Mac to my iPad. My Macbook Pro was the default on the buying page. In fact now that I have Kindle on one of my iPhones (don't bother on a 3G - not really readable), when I buy a book, Kindle shows my iPhone as the default device. As someone posted above, you can go on the Amazon website to your account, then Kindle orders and finally manage your Kindle. You can then change the device for download of each book.

Wilson
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:00 PM   #6
mikery
macrumors newbie

Kindle data from iPad to pc

Hi can you let me know how to extract kindle books from the local iTunes backup? I currently use the kindle books on my iPad kindle app and I was wondering if there is any way that I could remove them from my iPad to my pc. Thanks!
mikery is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:51 PM   #7
d.steve
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikery View Post
Hi can you let me know how to extract kindle books from the local iTunes backup? I currently use the kindle books on my iPad kindle app and I was wondering if there is any way that I could remove them from my iPad to my pc. Thanks!
Why don't you just download them again to your PC from amazon.com? Go to "Your Digital Items" (towards upper-right of browser) and then to "Your Kindle Orders". Then, download the one you want directly to PC.

Steve
d.steve is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps