Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightspd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
I just bought a Mac Mini and all technical help is closed right now. I am very frustrated as the one I bought yesterday had no display output. The system starts and gets to a screen that has what looks to be a switch that needs to be changed. I have looked at the entire box and can not see a switch that needs to be changed. I have taken a picture and have put it on here. I have googled it and can not find anything. If anyone has any suggestions please help me. My mouse and keyboard are both new wireless so I have nothing I can even use there. I am enclosing a picture of the screen. I also only have power and monitor plugged in.

Thanks

Attachments

• switch.JPG
    switch.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,114

lightspd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
thanks I grabbed an old track ball and I am going. I have a flat track pad they sold me guess it isn't paired yet so that is messin me up. Not sure how to pair it yet but I am sure something will show up. If you know I would appreciate. It is a wireless unit as well.

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Not sure how to pair it yet but I am sure something will show up. If you know I would appreciate. It is a wireless unit as well.
  • Make sure your system software is up to date (10.6.4 or later). Your mini is probably already running newer software.
  • Go into "System Preferences" (through the Apple menu). Click "Trackpad" and then "Set up Bluetooth Trackpad in lower left corner".
  • Press on/off button on your trackpad to turn it on.
  • Click "Continue" when your device is detected.
  • Enjoy.
As a footnote, Bluetooth needs to be enabled on your Mac.

SmilesLots

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
SW Virginia
I had that same picture when I first tried to start a new out of the box 2010 mini server. The problem was that the screen resolution of the monitor I was using was set to some value the mini could not adjust to. By using a different monitor, it seemed to fix itself, and now both monitors work.

mangrove

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
FL, USA
I just looked in my keyboard that I also got with my 2010 mini. P4 talks about pairing with the Mini. Also pages 2-4 on the mouse directions tell you how to pair it with the mini. Pages 2-4 on the trackpad should also help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.