Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aldo818

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
South of France
i downloaded a news app in the app store. It has a push option so when a breaking news comes up it notifies me. But unfortually this notification won t go away anymore. I ve even tried to uninstall reinstall the app . Even in settings i tried to put notifications off but nothing worked.
How can i get it away ?

Goaliegeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
Colorado
Sometimes when I have this issue, I bring up the multitasking tray and close the app AFTER i've viewed what its pushing to me. Facebook is the culprit btw. Sucks in 4.0.

aldo818

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
South of France
When you say notification, do you mean badge? (A badge being a red circle with a number in it, superimposed on top of the App icon.)

yes i have 1 badge that doesn t go away.

Sorry not so familiar with the iphone4 yet just got it 2 days ago.

myphone

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
USA
i downloaded a news app in the app store. It has a push option so when a breaking news comes up it notifies me. But unfortually this notification won t go away anymore. I ve even tried to uninstall reinstall the app . Even in settings i tried to put notifications off but nothing worked.
How can i get it away ?

I have that problem with Game Center notification. My Notification was off from my setting and I'm still getting a annoying notification/sound. I think it's a bug from 4.1. I'm restoring my iPhone rigth now and see what will happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.