Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I can currently purchase the new 14" 1.33GHz ibook or get a cheaper earlier version 14" 1.2 GHz ibook. The specs on the ibooks look the same except for the speed difference. Are there any reasons other then speed or cost why I should choose one system over the other ?

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
Plutonius said:
I can currently purchase the new 14" 1.33GHz ibook or get a cheaper earlier version 14" 1.2 GHz ibook. The specs on the ibooks look the same except for the speed difference. Are there any reasons other then speed or cost why I should choose one system over the other ?

The new iBooks also have WiFi included, if you have no use for it then by all means by the previous version. :)

Plus you can CTO for a larger internal HDD 60 or 80GB.

For more features visit:

http://www.apple.com/ibook/specs.html

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
I vote for the newer one.

Plutonius said:

There are usually a myriad of small upgrades/improvements in newer models over tha old ones, so unless the savings are substantial I'd recommend getting the newer one.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.