Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Sep 8, 2010, 06:46 AM   #1
dazzer21
macrumors 6502

Overprint in Acrobat

I'm using Acrobat 9 Pro and I've recently been getting PDF artworks sent to me which have gone to proof with white logos set to overprint (so in reality there's nothing there and the logos show up as missing). This problem can be viewed when you look at the Print Production Preview section where you can manually view the individual plates.

However, in composite mode, they are showing up as being there as the finished article SHOULD look. (I've had a go at producing the same effect and I can't get it to happen - the white overprints don't show up, both in InDesign and Acrobat).

I've got Overprint Preview set to 'always' but does this setting only apply to the Print Production Preview section? Is there a way that I can set Acrobat up so that the moment the file is opened, it shows the fact that these items are just not going to print - it would save me a fair bit of time on checking each and every single item...
dazzer21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:32 AM   #2
daver11
macrumors regular

I always use the Print Production "Output Preview" to check my PDFs. I can turn individual inks on and off, as well as view any overprints. It would be more convenient if I didn't have to select the view in Acrobat every time, but I AM charging by the hour...
daver11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics