Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jMc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2001
London N8, Late-16th Century
Hi All

I've recently taken possession of an old Powerbook 190 (the one with the greyscale screen) with standard configuration except for maxed out ram running 7.5.x. Does anyone have any recommendations for a PCMCIA Ethernet card that will work with this machine? And will I need specific drivers/software?

Any other interesting ideas of what to do to make this notebook interestingly usable also much appreciated.

jMc

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
jMc said:
Hi All

I've recently taken possession of an old Powerbook 190 (the one with the greyscale screen) with standard configuration except for maxed out ram running 7.5.x. Does anyone have any recommendations for a PCMCIA Ethernet card that will work with this machine? And will I need specific drivers/software?

Any other interesting ideas of what to do to make this notebook interestingly usable also much appreciated.

jMc

You are aware that this machine is 10 years old? It won't be much fun using it for surfing.. Don't spend much money on it..

For more info on the Powerbook 190 I would check out http://www.lowendmac.com

jMc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2001
London N8, Late-16th Century
cluthz said:
You are aware that this machine is 10 years old? It won't be much fun using it for surfing.. Don't spend much money on it..

Yep, well aware - just thought I could have some fun with an old Mac and a cheap network card (I have a shiny newish PB for serious work)... My main problem appears to be finding drivers for OS7.

Ta
jMc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.