Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
and what is it going to take to get them to create one? :confused:

I think that not including a shopping cart was a decision made for 2 reasons

1. Instant access to applications

2. a business decision - a quick commitment to purchase rather that deciding later that the amount is higher than you desired. ( i hope i explained that correctly, but if I didn't just let me know)

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Browse...then buy. Most people don't need to keep a cart full of apps they will think about and buy later. It's not like most are bundling up apps to make a single credit card purchase...it's click to buy and debited from account. As most aps are cheap, and hopefully you've done your homework on more expensive apps, a shopping cart would be superfluous.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Also, a lot of users like the instant gratification, but the impulse buy is probably the biggest motivator (IMO).

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I see where you are coming from OP. It is frustrating to buy an app whilst browsing only to kicked back to the home screen whilst it downloads and installs, thus losing your place in the app store (particularly if you are a good few pages into a category). Some kind of queue would be most welcome.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
It is now called the Wish List. Place whatever apps/music/movies you want in the wish list for later purchasing. You can buy individual items, the whole list or remove items by clicking the x in a corner of the icon.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
The wish list doesn't help when you are purchasing apps on your iPad or iPhone though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.