Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasonforisrael

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
I had no prox sensor issues prior to this update. Now my prox sensor is absolutely CRAZY. It flickers on and off the whole time I'm on the phone. This whole situation is pretty ridiculous. I had a suspicion that an attempt to fix what is most likely a hardware issue with some phones would likely cause phones that were previously fine to malfunction. And it looks like it's happened.

Is there any way to downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0 without having previously jailbroken the phone?

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA
I had no prox sensor issues prior to this update. Now my prox sensor is absolutely CRAZY. It flickers on and off the whole time I'm on the phone. This whole situation is pretty ridiculous. I had a suspicion that an attempt to fix what is most likely a hardware issue with some phones would likely cause phones that were previously fine to malfunction. And it looks like it's happened.

Is there any way to downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0 without having previously jailbroken the phone?

If you've jailbroken and saved your shsh. If you havent done that, I dont think theres any hope.

jasonforisrael

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
I already tried setting up as a new phone. It does not resolve the issue. They are attempting to address a hardware issue with some phones with software that applies to all phones. It has made my prox sensor extremely erratic and I actually know what people were complaining about in the first place now.

jasonforisrael

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
My phone was fine before the 4.1 update PNuts. there is nothing wrong with my phone, except that they applied a "software fix" to my unbroken prox sensor which is causing it to bug out. there's nothing the Genius Bar could do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.