|Sep 10, 2010, 09:18 PM||#1|
Issue with drop-down lists in forms on iPad
For some reason on the iPad I have an issue with drop-down lists in just about all online forms (e.g. entering my delivery address). But I only seem to have the issue when I'm selecting my state while entering my address. It could be an issue with other fields but so far I've only noticed it for state.
Here's a couple of things I've noticed:
- No matter what I choose it always keeps the default/blank option selected.
- Sometimes when I click the drop-down list I get the standard iOS scrolling interface, but it disappears quickly and sends me back to the form.
- Sometimes when I continue the form after leaving the state field blank I get prompted to enter my state; as you'd expect. But;
- Sometimes even though I hadn't selected anything it defaults to the state that comes first in alphabetical order.
- I can occasionally select a state successfully if I complete the form in a non-sequential order e.g. Select state before entering street address. This order varies between forms.
I do a lot of online shopping on the iPad and I'm forced to either submit the form without selecting a state (if it let's me), select the state that comes first even though it's wrong, and spend 15 minutes completing/deleting/completing-again the form fields in random order until I get it to work.
Anyone have this issue? Any ideas why? I'm in Australia if it matters and we have 8 options when selecting a state.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Orderly - TODO lists app with location based reminder, Drop box sync - GIVEAWAY||joerun||iPhone and iPod touch Apps||86||Aug 27, 2014 08:31 PM|
|What is the best iPad app for Twitter power users (Lists mainly)||east85||iPad Apps||8||Nov 26, 2013 03:47 AM|
|Can you disable sites from suggesting in drop downs on forms??||dvdchance||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||3||Nov 20, 2013 11:52 AM|
|Facebook 'interest lists issue'||LorenzMeir||iPhone and iPod touch Apps||0||May 19, 2013 09:48 AM|
|Question: How to create/edit forms on iPAD||busterbluth||iPad||4||Jun 3, 2012 08:02 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.