Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CMaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
I'm looking for help to troubleshoot the following problem:

I have a brand new iMac, 27", i7. Using the Moshi Mini DisplayPort HDMI adapter, I output video and audio to my LG 55LH90 1080p LED TV. Everything is fine except that approximately every 15 seconds, the audio will cut out for 2 seconds completely.

The problem occurs regardless of whether the audio is from iTunes, YouTube, VLC, Quicktime, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this problem or how to fix it?

Thanks

EvolutionXGSR

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2010
Hey, did you ever find a solution to your issue?
I also have a iMac(August-build) 27" i7 and was wanting to get this adapter.
Also, does it display full 1080p? I know they state that the adapter does, but I can't find any information on whether the Mini-DP port on the back of the iMac will allow that to be output.

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
I dont think it's the adapter. It is the Mac Mini.

I am having same problem now with 2010 Mac Mini connected to a projector via a receiver, all on HDMI. The sound keeps cutting out every 3 seconds and the receiver indicates a switch from surround to stero, which suggests to me the HDMI connection keeps breaking and having to reconnect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.