Manually changing the play count in iTunes - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 12, 2010, 07:07 AM   #1
Jasonscott71
macrumors member

Manually changing the play count in iTunes

Hi, I'm looking to to find a way to change the play count for a track in iTunes other than manually skipping the song to the last second each time.

Since I'm sure someone will want to know why, well, I have an 88 play count for a U2 song that was in 128kb but I just bought a newer version at 256 and want to replace the old one. I'd like to keep the 88 plays and apply it to the new, higher quality track and delete the old version. It would be tedious skip to the last second, then repeat, 88 times. I've done it this way for up to 20 plays but this is too much.

Since it apparently can't be done by using the mouse and doing it inside the program, from what I can tell, does anyone know any sort of workaround that could get this accomplished?

Thanks.
Jasonscott71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Jolly Jimmy
macrumors 65816

Add or Subtract Play Count

Check out the rest of this site, there are some really useful scripts you'll find you can't live without once you've used them.
Jolly Jimmy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 08:38 AM   #3
Jasonscott71
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Jimmy View Post

Check out the rest of this site, there are some really useful scripts you'll find you can't live without once you've used them.
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

I have never used scripts so I didn't "get it" at first, especially when there was no "installer." But the other part of the instructions worked. I added a scripts folder to username/Library/iTunes/, selected the run button and it was done. Great!

Thanks again and yes, I will nose around at some of the other things available from that site. I've been meaning for years to start doing scripts.

Last edited by Jasonscott71; Sep 12, 2010 at 09:28 AM.
Jasonscott71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:06 AM   #4
tejan
macrumors newbie

changing the play count manually

go to this link
http://www.astro-geek.com/2009/01/it...st-play-count/
and follow the steps . it worked on my itunes 10.2
tejan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store