Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Exegesis48

macrumors regular
May 2, 2009
In all seriousness, this is quite a strange thing for an iDevice. We just bought my daughter one of the new iPod Touches last night, she's 2, so hopefully it can withstand the same amount of abuse as her old iPhone.

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
Firstly you should not need to be pressing that hard, that aside because the LCD panel is now fused to the front glass\digitizer as a single components the same as the iPhone 4 when you press that hard you are actually putting pressure on the LCD as well which I imagine is not a good thing.

stevo101

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2009
i'm sure mr. detroit knows its not good to do this but mr. detroit was doing us a favor by showing us that this does happen a heads up sort of speak. which is for sure strange because i dont remember my touch 3g doing that, and you know it doesn't always have to be your finger while its in your pocket for example that could also happen like old lcd panels on windows smart phones that didnt have glass over them. that sucks that apple sacrifices quality and substance for design. Maybe if you wait for the first batch of ipod the other ones wont have the same thing happen or as bad; 1st batch of things always have problems ya know?!?

N2PVP

macrumors member
May 8, 2010
NJ
Mine does not do that! But have not tried a hammer yet and it is unlikely that I will!

ryan0402

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
In all seriousness, this is quite a strange thing for an iDevice. We just bought my daughter one of the new iPod Touches last night, she's 2, so hopefully it can withstand the same amount of abuse as her old iPhone.

woah you gave a 2 year old an ipod

vanzantapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2010
USA
I wouldn't call that a problem. More like, nature of the beast. No big deal at all.

As far as the iPhone 4 NOT distorting under pressure, you don't really expect a $230 device to be made as good as a $700 device do you. :p

tubemonkey

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009

You should get her one of these to go with it:

Woogie

tubemonkey

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
As far as the iPhone 4 NOT distorting under pressure, you don't really expect a $230 device to be made as good as a $700 device do you. :p

As a matter of fact; yes, since there's probably less than $20 worth of parts difference between the two devices.

Exegesis48

macrumors regular
May 2, 2009
You should get her one of these to go with it:

Woogie

We actually have a Woogie on the way, since there aren't really any cases out for the 4G iPod Touch at the moment.

Her iPhone 3G was just inside an InCase Slider and it was in perfect condition when we sold it. She was pretty good with it, and hopefully will continue to treat the iPod Touch the same.

But yeah, Woogie looks awesome.

Exegesis48

macrumors regular
May 2, 2009
woah you gave a 2 year old an ipod

She's 2 and a half and really knows how to work it, for real. She knows how to play her movies and is very discriminate about which one she wants to watch. And if she gets tired of watching movies she plays her games, which has really helped to develop her coordination and touch, as well as help to identify shapes and colors.

I was hesitant at first, but really I think it has helped her to grasp technology at an early age. She knows it's her iPod and doesn't mess with mommy's or daddy's as a result, which is a good thing.

The greatest thing about the iPod Touch is now she can facetime with her Grandmother in England. Just have to keep her from facetiming when it's 1AM over there.

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
In other news, stepping in water makes your feet wet... Beware of puddles :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.