Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Error Type -43
macrumors member

iPhone 4 - 3G Stops Working?

My iphone 4 just developed a problem a couple days ago where the 3G will just drop and stop working. Wi-fi works but anything dependent on 3G doesn't, ie text messaging. If I do a hard reset, 3G will work immediately after but stops working again after a minute or so of use. I've done a restore and updated to 4.1 but the problem still exists. I find it weird that the problem just suddenly started (I've had the phone since launch). Any ideas?
Error Type -43 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:31 PM   #2
LastZion
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error Type -43 View Post
My iphone 4 just developed a problem a couple days ago where the 3G will just drop and stop working. Wi-fi works but anything dependent on 3G doesn't, ie text messaging. If I do a hard reset, 3G will work immediately after but stops working again after a minute or so of use. I've done a restore and updated to 4.1 but the problem still exists. I find it weird that the problem just suddenly started (I've had the phone since launch). Any ideas?

I am having the same problem. I bought it wad my gmail exchange account messing stuff up, but that didn't seem to be the issue. I have done a restore 2 times but both from back up, I guess I have to do clean. I just don't want to lose all my SMS history.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:19 PM   #3
supermario123
macrumors newbie

yea, i have the exact same problem. mine started after i upgraded to 4.1

ive done a restore from backup and that didnt help so i did a clean restore and still nothing
supermario123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:39 PM   #4
LastZion
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario123 View Post
yea, i have the exact same problem. mine started after i upgraded to 4.1

ive done a restore from backup and that didnt help so i did a clean restore and still nothing
My problem has been way worse sine the upgrade to 4.1 too.

Can we back up SMS without a JB device?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:54 PM   #5
MBREW
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error Type -43 View Post
Anyone find a solution to this? I have an iPhone 4 that started doing this last week, updated to iOS 5 and it's still doing it? Any ideas?
MBREW is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting