Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Error Type -43

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
My iphone 4 just developed a problem a couple days ago where the 3G will just drop and stop working. Wi-fi works but anything dependent on 3G doesn't, ie text messaging. If I do a hard reset, 3G will work immediately after but stops working again after a minute or so of use. I've done a restore and updated to 4.1 but the problem still exists. I find it weird that the problem just suddenly started (I've had the phone since launch). Any ideas?

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
My iphone 4 just developed a problem a couple days ago where the 3G will just drop and stop working. Wi-fi works but anything dependent on 3G doesn't, ie text messaging. If I do a hard reset, 3G will work immediately after but stops working again after a minute or so of use. I've done a restore and updated to 4.1 but the problem still exists. I find it weird that the problem just suddenly started (I've had the phone since launch). Any ideas?

I am having the same problem. I bought it wad my gmail exchange account messing stuff up, but that didn't seem to be the issue. I have done a restore 2 times but both from back up, I guess I have to do clean. I just don't want to lose all my SMS history.

supermario123

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2009
yea, i have the exact same problem. mine started after i upgraded to 4.1

ive done a restore from backup and that didnt help so i did a clean restore and still nothing

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
yea, i have the exact same problem. mine started after i upgraded to 4.1

ive done a restore from backup and that didnt help so i did a clean restore and still nothing

My problem has been way worse sine the upgrade to 4.1 too.

Can we back up SMS without a JB device?

MBREW

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011

Anyone find a solution to this? I have an iPhone 4 that started doing this last week, updated to iOS 5 and it's still doing it? Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.