Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
How can I put pics I take on my iP4 in folders. The camera dumps all my pics into one giant "folder", but sometimes I take pictures from different parts of the day and it would MUCH easier to have some organization. For example, I'm going away this weekend to Austin and want to take pics from what we do at breakfast to noon, then another in the afternoon when we are sight seeing, then another during dinner & dusk, then another one for nightlife (honestly for nightlife, I'll break out my P&S, but still). I know I can download them to my computer, organize them in my photo app, then re-sync them to my phone, but I'll be running around on the fly. Can I do this natively on iP4? Is there an app for that?

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I don't think there is a way to do this directly on the iPhone (this always bugged me a little).

If you have a Mac you can do what I do:
1. import your photos into iPhoto
2. create iPhoto folders for them
3. have iTunes sync them back to the iPhone in the appropriate folders.

I'm sure there's a way to do something similar in Windows, but when all I had was a PC running XP I never found a workable option that was nearly as convenient.

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I don't use iPhoto, but I do something similar. I create separate folders in the "Photos" tab, and then tell iTunes to sync those specific folders.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Yes, I do this now for things I already have pictures of.

But what I'm talking about is doing it on the fly, WITHOUT a computer/iPhoto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.