Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleuser1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
usa
Hello. I love reading books but I'm having problems reading actual paper text books due to eye strain and I'm also starting to think I'm dyslexic.

Could I download the Kindle application to my mac (mac osx 10.5) buy the books through Kindle and have the computer read the book for me?

I'm asking because I don't want to spend $50 on a Kindle book only to find out my mac won't read it out loud.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
IIRC there was a flap about the Kindle - the publishers didn't want it to have the ability to read out loud - they said Amazon didn't have the proper license for it. They want an audiobook license if you want it read out loud.

mamaliga

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2015
Ohio
Highlighted test not shown in side bar

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my Kindle app on my desktop Mac. During a reading session all my highlights show up in the side bar, but after I close out and return the text is no longer visible. All I have is a "highlight" title and the location number. Wondering if this is a bug or a feature?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.