Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:15 AM   #1
xray328
macrumors member

USB or Airport Extreme?

So I finally got my other eMac working.

I have a USB wireless adapter on my daughters emac, and I'm getting 8 Mbps. When I directly connect it to the router I get 22 Mbps via the ethernet port.

So for this other emac, I'm wondering if I'm better off just getting another wireless USB or if the Airport extreme card would be better? The wireless USB card was $14.99.

Youtube still run like poo though on the wireless usb (even with 1GB of memory).

Thanks.
xray328 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:11 PM   #2
AppleCode
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray328 View Post
So I finally got my other eMac working.

I have a USB wireless adapter on my daughters emac, and I'm getting 8 Mbps. When I directly connect it to the router I get 22 Mbps via the ethernet port.

So for this other emac, I'm wondering if I'm better off just getting another wireless USB or if the Airport extreme card would be better? The wireless USB card was $14.99.

Youtube still run like poo though on the wireless usb (even with 1GB of memory).

Thanks.
If your not happy with the usb dongle buy a airport extreme if you can find one. depending on the model you may have get just a airport card in which case it might not be worth it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs