Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
The hybrid Ex is now available at sgpstore.com!!! wooh im definitely getting me the blue one

fobis

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
As I've said in other similar threads, though the case went on sale today, SGP has indicated that this item will not ship for about a week. But please let us know how yours is when you get it!

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
As I've said in other similar threads, though the case went on sale today, SGP has indicated that this item will not ship for about a week. But please let us know how yours is when you get it!

I am waiting for the blue one. It isn't available yet but I decided I would get this over the bumper because it supports screen protectors : )

plusonechoi

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
San Francisco
whats the difference between the neo hybrid and hybrid ex

just took a better look, just the back plates are different? ones clear and ones solid colored?

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
Looks like the only one in stock is the Satin. Luckily, I got my yellow order in yesterday. Hope, it turns out better than Ultra slider.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
please post your review and pix of the yellow one! im planning on getting the same one and would love to know how it is and how the actual color is!

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Mine's shipped as well. I thought it would take slightly longer since I also ordered one of the new EX Premium Matte full body protection sets but apparently not. Hopefully with the priority shipping it'll get here this week/weekend.

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
who else is hoping this isnt a disappointment like the SGP slider?

must post pics as soon as you get it...i need a new case =)

Jumpman2033

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Yeah, i really like the looks of these. i can't wait to see some reviews and how they compare to the apple bumper.

thinkdiesel

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
SGP NEO HYBRID Matte Satin Silver

Quick pics of the SGP Neo Hybrid matte satin silver case, sorry not the greatest pics but i tried to snap it as fast as i could before work. I didnt install the ultra crystal protector that came with it, because i already had their EX ultra crystal full body.

The fit was really tight, probably because i had the sgp side protection on, but i managed to get it on eventually. the side button is a tad off alignment but everything else seems perfect. It really cant slide off, its that tight. lock button is silent and kinda hard to press but the volume button is good.

Feels great, love the back. Most importantly looks great and so I'm gonna use it for awhile and see how it holds up.

Hope my quick review helped those interested.

sgpneohybridmatte1of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte2of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte3of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte4of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte5of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte6of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte7of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte8of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte21of1.jpg

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
looks good, has is the quality? seem cheaply made or solid?

im kinda worried about the sleep button myself...since i normally lock my phone with the button.

Think it will handle a fall from waist height?

Thanks a ton for the pics.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Nic pics, looks like a quality case. Is the polycarbonate frame flimsy because that's the way it seemed in their installation video?

fobis

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
And the all important question: what's the headphone port like? Can i plug my 3rd party headphones in with this case on?

Still waiting for pics on the EX which I think would look nicer at the cost of protection, of course. :D

alleyooptroop

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
More info on the matte back please!

Quick pics of the SGP Neo Hybrid matte satin silver case, sorry not the greatest pics but i tried to snap it as fast as i could before work. I didnt install the ultra crystal protector that came with it, because i already had their EX ultra crystal full body.

The fit was really tight, probably because i had the sgp side protection on, but i managed to get it on eventually. the side button is a tad off alignment but everything else seems perfect. It really cant slide off, its that tight. lock button is silent and kinda hard to press but the volume button is good.

Feels great, love the back. Most importantly looks great and so I'm gonna use it for awhile and see how it holds up.

Hope my quick review helped those interested.

sgpneohybridmatte1of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte2of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte3of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte4of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte5of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte6of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte7of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte8of9.jpg

sgpneohybridmatte21of1.jpg

bleighv

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
California
Wow, it looks really nice! But I'm a little concerned about the hard power button. Do you think it's harder to push or just as hard to push as the Speck PixelSkin HD version 2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.