Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bizzilmcgizzle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Am I stupid or something? I can't find this feature... if it is available. Or maybe its just not there. If it's not then shame on you Apple! If it is then if someone out there in the world wide web reads this... could you tell me how?

Thanks!
B-

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Take any calendar appointment on your phone (or make one) and add the email of the person you want to send it to as an invitee. It will email them a calendar appointment.

My work outlook even recognized it as a calendar appointment with the accept/cancel and adding it to the calendar etc.

----------

Oh, that looks like an exchange thing.

But anyway if you mail it to someone using regular imap or something and they view the email on their ios device they still get the email and because the phone recognizes dates and things in email it is just a tap on the date and select the create event or show on calendar options. That kind of works too though they might have to copy the notes out of the email before going to the calendar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.