Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 18, 2010, 04:38 AM   #1
shamil550
macrumors newbie

Unhappy forgot iphone password.

hi, i have forgotten the screen password of my iphone,which is having software 3.0(jailbraked). i recently changed the password and dont remember it. i have synced it with my imac, is there any way i could restore it without loosing my data?? please explain in deltail as iam a noob thank you
shamil550 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:04 AM   #2
hansiswhoiam
macrumors newbie

nothing.

there's nothing you can do. NOTHING.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamil550 View Post
is there any way i could restore it without loosing my data??
No
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:52 AM   #4
stupidbeaner
macrumors newbie

Try to put your iPhone on DFU mode then restore it , it should work .
It happen to me a while back
stupidbeaner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 02:41 PM   #5
helimom93
macrumors newbie

Restoring your password without restoring

Resolution
Reset your account password

If your account was partially disabled for security reasons, use iForgot (http://iforgot.apple.com/) to reset your account. This will restore your access to the disabled services. You can also click the “Reset Password” or “Forgot Password?” buttons that appear in the alert message.

Note: If you are a MobileMe user, when prompted to enter your Apple ID, be sure to type your full MobileMe email address, which is username@me.com (or @mac.com).

Update your MobileMe Settings

After changing your password, you may need to update some settings on your Mac or PC.
helimom93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 02:48 PM   #6
MaxBurn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by helimom93 View Post
Resolution
Reset your account password

If your account was partially disabled for security reasons, use iForgot (http://iforgot.apple.com/) to reset your account. This will restore your access to the disabled services. You can also click the “Reset Password” or “Forgot Password?” buttons that appear in the alert message.

Note: If you are a MobileMe user, when prompted to enter your Apple ID, be sure to type your full MobileMe email address, which is username@me.com (or @mac.com).

Update your MobileMe Settings

After changing your password, you may need to update some settings on your Mac or PC.
Pretty sure this won't help you if you are locked out of your phone via the lock screen.
MaxBurn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:37 PM   #7
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
Pretty sure this won't help you if you are locked out of your phone via the lock screen.
Yes, I believe this only work for things such as your Apple ID.

I had to restore when I got locked out of my OLDDDD 3GS.

Sorry bud, you're gonna lose everything. You can always resync when you do your restore, that'll get you all your apps and music and such back!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting