Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 18, 2010, 04:38 AM   #1
shamil550
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Unhappy forgot iphone password.

hi, i have forgotten the screen password of my iphone,which is having software 3.0(jailbraked). i recently changed the password and dont remember it. i have synced it with my imac, is there any way i could restore it without loosing my data?? please explain in deltail as iam a noob thank you
shamil550 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:04 AM   #2
hansiswhoiam
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
nothing.

there's nothing you can do. NOTHING.
__________________
MB, 2.4 GHz, 8GB RAM/iPhone 4S 16GB/iPhone 3GS 16GB/iPhone 2G 8GB/iPod Touch 1G/iPod Nano 1G/iPod Shuffle
hansiswhoiam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamil550 View Post
is there any way i could restore it without loosing my data??
No
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:52 AM   #4
stupidbeaner
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Try to put your iPhone on DFU mode then restore it , it should work .
It happen to me a while back
stupidbeaner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 02:41 PM   #5
helimom93
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Restoring your password without restoring

Resolution
Reset your account password

If your account was partially disabled for security reasons, use iForgot (http://iforgot.apple.com/) to reset your account. This will restore your access to the disabled services. You can also click the “Reset Password” or “Forgot Password?” buttons that appear in the alert message.

Note: If you are a MobileMe user, when prompted to enter your Apple ID, be sure to type your full MobileMe email address, which is username@me.com (or @mac.com).

Update your MobileMe Settings

After changing your password, you may need to update some settings on your Mac or PC.
helimom93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 02:48 PM   #6
MaxBurn
macrumors 65816
 
MaxBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimom93 View Post
Resolution
Reset your account password

If your account was partially disabled for security reasons, use iForgot (http://iforgot.apple.com/) to reset your account. This will restore your access to the disabled services. You can also click the “Reset Password” or “Forgot Password?” buttons that appear in the alert message.

Note: If you are a MobileMe user, when prompted to enter your Apple ID, be sure to type your full MobileMe email address, which is username@me.com (or @mac.com).

Update your MobileMe Settings

After changing your password, you may need to update some settings on your Mac or PC.
Pretty sure this won't help you if you are locked out of your phone via the lock screen.
MaxBurn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:37 PM   #7
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816
 
mikelegacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
Pretty sure this won't help you if you are locked out of your phone via the lock screen.
Yes, I believe this only work for things such as your Apple ID.

I had to restore when I got locked out of my OLDDDD 3GS.

Sorry bud, you're gonna lose everything. You can always resync when you do your restore, that'll get you all your apps and music and such back!
__________________
15" rMBP Pro 2.0 - 16GB RAM iPhone 5S 16GB iPad 64GB Wifi + 3G Apple TV (2G) Mid-2011 27" iMac
Sidney Crosby is a phenom. Enough said.
mikelegacy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nice App!!! Helping you remember all your IDs and Passwords iwantiphone7 iPad Apps 0 Oct 31, 2011 03:26 AM
Pls.help I forgot my password but I'm log in right now PinkSakura MacBook Pro 38 Nov 21, 2010 06:54 PM
Forgot iPhone password eVolcre Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 9 Feb 23, 2009 12:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC