Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:08 PM   #1
LumbermanSVO
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to LumbermanSVO Send a message via MSN to LumbermanSVO Send a message via Yahoo to LumbermanSVO
Putting a B&W w/ G4 upgrade to use.

My buddy just gave me a B/W PowerMac G3 with a Sonnet Tech G4 1GHz upgrade kit and OS X 10.4.10.

I've been wanting to setup a proxy to bypass the content filters on the WiFi networks I find on the road. For instance, I can't go to the iPhone Dev Team website with the network I'm currently on.

Do the parts exist to also turn it into a Gigabit +Draft N router? It would sure be nice to kill two birds with one stone.

I don't know anything about setting all of this up, how would I go about it?

Thanks!
LumbermanSVO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:30 AM   #2
WardC
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to WardC
You could install a couple of Gigabit Ethernet Cards in there and use a program like IPNetRouter to use your PowerMac G3 as a router.

Thinking about Apple...
WardC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs