Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Quantumtorpedo
macrumors newbie

IPhone Photo Library

Can you delete/edit photos from the iPhone photo library. I have tried syncing back to my PC, no folder, no luck. Thanks in advance for any assistance concerning this matter.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:54 PM   #2
r.j.s
Moderator emeritus

Are you asking about the Camera Roll, or a synced folder from your PC?
r.j.s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Quantumtorpedo
macrumors newbie

Not the camera roll. Synced folder from my PC to my iPhone. Photos are in the photo library. I have no problem finding or deleting photos from the camera roll. Thank you for any assistance.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:05 PM   #4
r.j.s
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumtorpedo View Post
Not the camera roll. Synced folder from my PC to my iPhone. Photos are in the photo library. I have no problem finding or deleting photos from the camera roll. Thank you for any assistance.
I think you have to delete them from the source on the PC - so you might want to make a folder called iPhone, and keep copies of all the photos you want on the phone in it.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:27 PM   #5
Quantumtorpedo
macrumors newbie

I will give it a try. I do not know why this is so challenging, I guess it is that I have a PC and not a Mac.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:29 PM   #6
r.j.s
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumtorpedo View Post
I will give it a try. I do not know why this is so challenging, I guess it is that I have a PC and not a Mac.
It is the same thing for a Mac, synced photos cannot be deleted on the device, only on the source.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 05:00 PM   #7
Quantumtorpedo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.j.s View Post
It is the same thing for a Mac, synced photos cannot be deleted on the device, only on the source.
It worked! I did it! I thank you very much. You are aptly named. All the best.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting