Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:21 PM   #1
AlysiumDream
macrumors newbie

Thumbs down iPod touch (4th generation) not working!!!

Ok, so I just got an Ipod touch 4th generation and my friend who has a windows based laptop synced it to her computer. Anyway so when I got home, I wanted to sync it to my Mac Book Pro instead of I restored it to factory settings and plugged it into my computer. It does not respond, it shows up the connect to itunes screen and does nothing else. I have tried reinstalling itunes (I am running itunes 10) and I have reinstalled something called AppleMobile Device Support or something like that I got the information from the apple website. Anyway nothing is helping. My MacBook is runninng ox 10.5.8 and itunes 10.. so it should work?? Anyone got any ideas as to what I can do?? It is VERY annoying that it wont work..
AlysiumDream is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:26 PM   #2
EricNau

This Apple Support article may be of use to you: iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore

It provides a set-by-step list of the actions needed to place your iPod in recovery mode and restore. If that doesn't work, there's a link at the bottom of that article with a list of next steps.

Of course, let us know if this does not resolve your issue.
EricNau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:36 PM   #3
AlysiumDream
macrumors newbie

I have tried all that Nothing helps
AlysiumDream is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch