Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:11 AM   #1
novetan
macrumors regular

Mail address book font too small

I'm using the Mail that comes with MBP and the fonts in the address book is really really too tiny. Anyway to adjust?

Thanks
novetan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Cinematographer
macrumors 6502a

As far as I know you can't change the font size in the address book within the Mail application. If the font is too small, use the real address book application (by clicking on the beige book with the @ on it in the dock). CMC-, brings up the preferences, where you can adjust the font size for this application (but not for the crippled one within Mail).
Old Sep 20, 2010, 08:33 AM   #3
novetan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematographer View Post
As far as I know you can't change the font size in the address book within the Mail application. If the font is too small, use the real address book application (by clicking on the beige book with the @ on it in the dock). CMC-, brings up the preferences, where you can adjust the font size for this application (but not for the crippled one within Mail).
The @ address at the dock (no doubt can adjust small, medium, large font) is as good as viewing only. It cannot bring the addressee to the mail.

Is that the dead end already?

Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:39 PM   #4
Cinematographer
macrumors 6502a

Sorry I can't provide any help, novetan. But to be honest, I never ever used the address book within Mail before I saw your question today. Instead of searching the address book, I just type the first few letters of the name in the address field and choose the address from the list that appears. Much faster that way.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 08:19 PM   #5
novetan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematographer View Post
Sorry I can't provide any help, novetan. But to be honest, I never ever used the address book within Mail before I saw your question today. Instead of searching the address book, I just type the first few letters of the name in the address field and choose the address from the list that appears. Much faster that way.
I understand what you mean, sometimes we may forgot how we sequence the person name and the auto appearing will not surface. So need to go into address book to check for the actual email address.

Another thing I realised why Mac fonts are so small and unadjustable, like the tool bar menu and side bar of the Finders (for eg)
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:46 AM   #6
Mala
macrumors 6502

The Address Book is unreadable - and you can't change the font size.

The Inspector windows are unreadable - and you can't change the font size.

The Apple information (About This Mac, etc) is unreadable - and you can't change the font size.

The menu items are unreadable - and you can't change the font size.

And on, and on, and on. What kind of muppets programmed like this? Bad, bad service to users.
Mala is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help