Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Artmuzz
macrumors 6502

iPad, Camera Connection Kit and iMic only has mono audio input

I recently bought the camera connection kit and Griffith's iMic to get audio input function on my iPad.

I use the sampler on NanoStudio and connect my mp3 player into the audio input of the iMic to my iPad but when I play back what I have recorded on my iPad it isn't in stereo but mono

So it looks as if the iPad only has mono audio-in capabilities instead of the prefered stereo. Boo Hoo!!! Or am I doing something wrong?

Please advise

Art
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Coukos34
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
I recently bought the camera connection kit and Griffith's iMic to get audio input function on my iPad.

I use the sampler on NanoStudio and connect my mp3 player into the audio input of the iMic to my iPad but when I play back what I have recorded on my iPad it isn't in stereo but mono

So it looks as if the iPad only has mono audio-in capabilities instead of the prefered stereo. Boo Hoo!!! Or am I doing something wrong?

Please advise

Art
I'm surprised it works at all. Where does it say compatible with the iPad?

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic
Coukos34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:09 PM   #3
Artmuzz
macrumors 6502

Its on the net especially YouTube that the USB socket on Camera Connection Kit not only works with cameras but with audio devices aswell including the iMic and it actually works.

My only disappointment is that the audio input is only mono even though the iMic supports stereo audio input.

Art
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Amazing Iceman
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
Its on the net especially YouTube that the USB socket on Camera Connection Kit not only works with cameras but with audio devices aswell including the iMic and it actually works.

My only disappointment is that the audio input is only mono even though the iMic supports stereo audio input.

Art
That may be the default setting for the iMic. Hopefully someone would write a driver to configure it in stereo. Or, if there's a way to change it's firmware to make stereo the default, that would work too.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories