Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:06 PM   #1
The JTizzle
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to The JTizzle Send a message via MSN to The JTizzle Send a message via Skype™ to The JTizzle
Otterbox Defender and Typing?

Thinking of stepping up my case on my iPad and was looking at the otterbox defender case. I currently have the apple case and love it for typing but was wonder how the OBD held up for typing on it in the raised stance. It looks great for watching a video, but looked a little high in the pics for typing. Can any one toss me some personal experience typing on the Defender int he cradle stand position? I'd really appreciate it.
TV 2 & 3
The JTizzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 08:45 PM   #2
skullnbones
macrumors newbie

It's awful for typing without a bluetooth keyboard (which is what I typed this on).
skullnbones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:45 PM   #3
xraytech
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JTizzle View Post
Thinking of stepping up my case on my iPad and was looking at the otterbox defender case. I currently have the apple case and love it for typing but was wonder how the OBD held up for typing on it in the raised stance. It looks great for watching a video, but looked a little high in the pics for typing. Can any one toss me some personal experience typing on the Defender int he cradle stand position? I'd really appreciate it.
Too steep.
xraytech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 03:31 PM   #4
pv1191
macrumors member

I have one and love it. The typing does take some getting used to, but it's not cumbersome by any means.
pv1191 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:24 AM   #5
The JTizzle
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to The JTizzle Send a message via MSN to The JTizzle Send a message via Skype™ to The JTizzle
Picked one up for like 45 bucks on Amazon and man I must say it's a hell of a case. I feel so safe my my ipad now in backpacks and just getting tossed around on the desk n such. It's not as nice to type on as the apple case but for the small amount that I do type with emails and IM it's not to bad after a little adjustment period. Case gets a an A- overall from me.
TV 2 & 3
The JTizzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories