Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 20, 2004, 09:55 PM   #1
puckhead193
macrumors G3
 
puckhead193's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NY
icruze by monster

anyone hear of this before.... http://www.monstercable.com/press/pr..._11_icruze.asp cool, but will this finally be the answer to my question, "can i hook up my ipod to my car"
How is this differnt then this, http://www.vaistech.com/home.html


****(I updated the link...should work now...)****
__________________
nMP - 6 core, D700s, 32 gig, 1 TB, NEC PA272W
20" iMac C2D
17" MBP i7
128GB iPhone 6+, 64 GB iPad 3

Last edited by puckhead193; Dec 21, 2004 at 12:37 AM.
puckhead193 is offline   0
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:09 PM   #2
ChrisFromCanada
macrumors 65816
 
ChrisFromCanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead193
anyone hear of this before....http://www.monstercable.com/press/pr...ze.asp...looks cool, but will this finally be the answer to my question, "can i hook up my ipod to my car"
How is this differnt then this ,http://www.vaistech.com/home.htmlv
I'm getting errors on both links
__________________
Powermac G5 - Dual 2.5 GHz
SR Macbook Pro - 2.2GHz
Xbox 360
30GB iPod Video
Sony DCR-PC105
ChrisFromCanada is offline   0
Old Dec 22, 2004, 08:02 AM   #3
c2kvette
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina USA
Send a message via AIM to c2kvette
Try the ice>Link from Denison

http://www.dension.com
c2kvette is offline   0
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:47 AM   #4
Peyote
macrumors 6502a
 
Peyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The Denison unit seems good enough, but I don't like the dock....bulky.


I'd prefer the solution Monster has come up with, that is, just a cable to connect to the iPod...no dock.

I wonder what the prices are like for the Denison ice>Link is. $200 for the Monster solution seems pretty steep.
Peyote is offline   0
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:38 AM   #5
DanTheMan
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyote
The Denison unit seems good enough, but I don't like the dock....bulky.


I'd prefer the solution Monster has come up with, that is, just a cable to connect to the iPod...no dock.

I wonder what the prices are like for the Denison ice>Link is. $200 for the Monster solution seems pretty steep.
You can get the Denision unit without the dock too, just the cable. Same price either way though.
DanTheMan is offline   0
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:50 PM   #6
Peyote
macrumors 6502a
 
Peyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan
You can get the Denision unit without the dock too, just the cable. Same price either way though.

Did a search, but couldn't find any sites in the U.S. selling it....know where one could get it?
Peyote is offline   0
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:15 PM   #7
dotnina
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromCanada
I'm getting errors on both links
Nothing a little edit can't fix.

http://www.monstercable.com/press/pr..._11_icruze.asp

http://www.vaistech.com/home.html
dotnina is offline   0
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:23 PM   #8
DanTheMan
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyote
Did a search, but couldn't find any sites in the U.S. selling it....know where one could get it?
I checked and I think the only place that sells it is Dension USA (http://www.densionusa.com). I called them because I am also looking to get this solution for my car and they said it would not be shipping until February 2005 and it will cost about $219

Also of note with the Dension solution if you get a new car down the road and want to move it to the new car, it will only work if the new car is the same make as your current car (i.e. Honda to Honda not Honda to BMW) which sucks because they should just make it so you can just swap cable connecting the ICE Link to the car's headunit. Oh well I guess I'll see what the iCruze has to offer when it comes out.
DanTheMan is offline   0
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:39 PM   #9
parrothead
macrumors 6502a
 
parrothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonds, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan
Also of note with the Dension solution if you get a new car down the road and want to move it to the new car, it will only work if the new car is the same make as your current car (i.e. Honda to Honda not Honda to BMW) which sucks because they should just make it so you can just swap cable connecting the ICE Link to the car's headunit. Oh well I guess I'll see what the iCruze has to offer when it comes out.
This is not true. the ICE works with several after-market brands like Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, etc. If you had one of these in your car, and got a new one, you would merely have to move the radio to the new car.
parrothead is offline   0
Old Dec 22, 2004, 06:51 PM   #10
DanTheMan
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
This is not true. the ICE works with several after-market brands like Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, etc. If you had one of these in your car, and got a new one, you would merely have to move the radio to the new car.
True, but the problem I have is then my steering wheel controls would not work unless I go out and spend another $200 on a solution for that too, plus the cost of an aftermarket stereo. Gets really expensive really quick.

It probably is a little more complicated than just swapping out the cable, I bet the controller unit on the ICE-Link is programmed specifically for the car's factory head unit. Maybe the Monster one will be a little more flexible.
DanTheMan is offline   0


 
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FREE GAME] - Monster Monster - Save the Kids from the Cute Fun Pet Monsters mokoolapps iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Nov 7, 2013 03:57 AM
Calculator Monster jessica-sor iPhone and iPod touch Apps 5 Jan 25, 2013 08:42 PM
Network monster battle, Monster Warz: ULTIMATE is coming! mobicrew iPhone and iPod touch Apps 1 Oct 10, 2012 03:00 AM
★★★★★Most Challenging MONSTER TRUCK Game - TOP MONSTER TRUCKS RACING PRO New Release WatermelonGame iPhone and iPod touch Apps 2 Aug 9, 2012 01:39 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC