Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swapna81

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Hello,

I waited so far for the white iphone.. but I feel it is taking more time..and I am being impatient.

Everyday, I listen to so many stories regarding the antenna and the proximity issues..(mayb not on every phone)

My question is if I take one now.. and if unfortunately my phone too have them.. do I get the grace period to return the phone without paying the restocking fee ? What is the time frame for this thing ?

Thanks,

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
i believe now until sept. 30 you have a 30 day time frame to return the iphone without paying any restocking fees.

if you get an iphone after sept. 30 you will only have a 14 day return period and you will have to pay a restocking fee if the box is opened.

swapna81

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Thanks a lot for the info.

Does this work only for Apple store or also for other retailers like At&t ,Bestbuy...

i believe now until sept. 30 you have a 30 day time frame to return the iphone without paying any restocking fees.

if you get an iphone after sept. 30 you will only have a 14 day return period and you will have to pay a restocking fee if the box is opened.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
:eek:

I believe there is a 10% restocking fee regardless.

Marc

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
I was in the same boat as you man, I kept waiting for the White iPhone 4 and eventually didn't wanna wait anymore. I bought mine on Saturday and don't regret it at all.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

Not true. The 30 day return period existed before the free case announcement, and does not end on September 30. You will continue to have a 30 day return period with no restocking fee even after Sept 30.

NickkyJ

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
I can't give it back its a great phone. I got lucky i guess my sensor is very good. Bluetooth works great as well

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

scaredpoet said:

Not true. The 30 day return period existed before the free case announcement, and does not end on September 30. You will continue to have a 30 day return period with no restocking fee even after Sept 30.

I don't believe that it did, as I was charged a restocking fee when I returned my first iPhone 4, before the announcement was made by Apple.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.