Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:07 AM   #1
Kdowns
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Zagg invisibleshield microbubbles

I know this topic has been beat too death. I just installed my third IS and I have what appears to be mirobubbles around the edge of the screen. Usually I wouldn't care but I can actually feel the roughness of the bubbles as I drag my finger accross them. Anyone had any experiences with this? Do they go away and flatten out?
Kdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:55 AM   #2
undercompensate
macrumors member

I'd recommend you just take it off and try a SGP or PS anti-glare or crystal. Fourth time's the charm, right?

IS microbubbles are a hit or miss with time, and they tend to yellow and ripple with age, especially with the moderate heat generated from the phone.
undercompensate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Kdowns
macrumors newbie

How is the PS. Do you get air bubbles. I freaking hate air bubbles
Kdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:32 PM   #4
pujols617
macrumors member

Just get the squeegee and rub it away from the screen. I've had this happen to me countless number of times and it works
Old Sep 21, 2010, 02:28 PM   #5
HighLife420
macrumors 6502a

are you using soapy water?

If you are, make sure your not stirring up the water with the soap, its gives it a ton of micro air bubbles that find its way on your finger and on the film. It should work its way out in a couple of days, but sometimes alittle too much soap prevents that. How long has it been? I put a BSE on my iPod a few years back, took about a week for it to settle.

is there a speck of dust underneath causing the bubble? try doing it in the bathroom after a nice hot shower. The humidity in the air will keep the dust down to a minimum.

Ive put on a dozen or so different protectors in the years, wet and dry installs. I never had a real problem with air bubbles. Just take your time, pay attention to the water and air bubbles...use as little water as you can.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:32 PM   #6
threezero
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdowns View Post
How is the PS. Do you get air bubbles. I freaking hate air bubbles
As long a there is no dust on the screen when u apply there will be no bubble and it feels like the glass on the iPhone itself unlike the zagg
threezero is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories