Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJR

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Topic. I have my ipod touch 4th generation and it's quickly becoming annoying that I have to manually go into the app drawer and close out apps after I'm done with them. I know I'm being lazy, but is there any way to just disable multi-tasking?

Thanks!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Topic. I have my ipod touch 4th generation and it's quickly becoming annoying that I have to manually go into the app drawer and close out apps after I'm done with them. I know I'm being lazy, but is there any way to just disable multi-tasking?

Thanks!

Not until a jailbreak is available.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009

Thanks!

you only need to do it if you need the app to start running fresh. otherwise you don't have to worry about it. they are not really runni9ng in the background unless it is pandora or such.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
i don't think you will see a major battery difference unless the app uses 1 of apples 7 "tent poles" of multitasking.

notifications and high brightness is what will drain your battery most.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.