Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

variable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
Ok, I have a weird situation, though it occurred to me that this might be useful elsewhere down the line so I figured I'd ask.

I just moved into a new place and haven't got internet installed yet (leaching off the neighbors wireless for the moment) and haven't gotten to wiring up the place. I've got a macbook pro and a mac pro. The mac pro is currently hooked up to my sound system across the room, but isn't yet hooked up to ethernet and doesn't have wifi (don't ask), but it does have bluetooth. I'd rather connect to it over wifi, but I'm trying to work with what I've got for the moment. I can connect to it and send files and what not over bluetooth, and I can dangle some cat5 across the room if need be, but I want to play itunes through its hookup to the stereo. Is this possible? I saw a post on how to do this over wifi, but I want to do it over bluetooth, preferably without buying more hardware. (on a budget at the moment)

OZlAb

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2011
I was also found that solutions.
How about AirFoil and AirFoil Speaker? :)

Ok, I have a weird situation, though it occurred to me that this might be useful elsewhere down the line so I figured I'd ask.

I just moved into a new place and haven't got internet installed yet (leaching off the neighbors wireless for the moment) and haven't gotten to wiring up the place. I've got a macbook pro and a mac pro. The mac pro is currently hooked up to my sound system across the room, but isn't yet hooked up to ethernet and doesn't have wifi (don't ask), but it does have bluetooth. I'd rather connect to it over wifi, but I'm trying to work with what I've got for the moment. I can connect to it and send files and what not over bluetooth, and I can dangle some cat5 across the room if need be, but I want to play itunes through its hookup to the stereo. Is this possible? I saw a post on how to do this over wifi, but I want to do it over bluetooth, preferably without buying more hardware. (on a budget at the moment)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.