Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2die4uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
i have been trying to sort out my ipod touch first gen

The ipod touch crashed after i tried to install an app from cydia i tried to restore it using itunes and the firmware 3.1.2 but it keeps saying that the ipod touch is in restore mode after i have restored it.

It wont do anything else the ipod touch has a black screen unless its restoring and then it shows the apple logo and the status bar but otherwise its black screen i have tried restoring it like 5 times

Im using windows 7 and itunes 9.0.1

2die4uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
since i posted this i have reinstalled itunes and am trying to restore it again i have also tried pluggin the ipod touch in to windows xp and found that the ipod touch was in DFU mode its not doing anything other then a black screen

2die4uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
update

so far i have tired irecovery aswell it says that their is no ipod etc plugged in via usb

in itunes it keeps coming up as this ipod needs to be restored

this is my first apple product and i can see why i stayed away from apple till now

mchad

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2010
Vegas
update

so far i have tired irecovery aswell it says that their is no ipod etc plugged in via usb

in itunes it keeps coming up as this ipod needs to be restored

this is my first apple product and i can see why i stayed away from apple till now

Don't blame Apple, you are the one that messed with the original programming.

2die4uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Don't blame Apple, you are the one that messed with the original programming.

all i did was try to update it hows that messing with apples real programming

by the way if any one is reading this to help me

i keep getting an error 6 message

which is telling me from the apple site that its seeing the drive dress given to the ipod touch wrong

the ipod touch installs all the way thru with the firmware but at the final boot sequence when it says dont disconnect the ipod touch and theirs a count down it crashes with the error

mchad

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2010
Vegas
all i did was try to update it hows that messing with apples real programming

by the way if any one is reading this to help me

i keep getting an error 6 message

which is telling me from the apple site that its seeing the drive dress given to the ipod touch wrong

the ipod touch installs all the way thru with the firmware but at the final boot sequence when it says dont disconnect the ipod touch and theirs a count down it crashes with the error

by trying to install cydia

2die4uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Ok this is how i fixed it if anyone wants to know

i got 2 laptops one with windows 7 and one with windows xp

on the windows 7 laptop i installed the latest version of itunes and downloaded the latest ipod touch firmware from apple

then i restored the ipod touch this took me out of a black screen and showed me the itunes and usb logo no matter what it wouldnt reboot and wouldnt restore form this point on

so then i got the second laptop and installed itunes 9.0.1 on it and made that download the latest signed apple firmware and then installed it onto the ipod touch this allowed the ipod touch to complete the firmware install and boot back into normal more away from black screen and and error 6 message

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.