Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:17 PM   #1
kuato
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Tweak to make phone think its on wifi?

Basically I use the program Groove Shark in my car to listen to music. There are some songs that require a wifi connection to play. Is there any way to make my phone think it's on wifi but actually on 3G?

Jailbroken Iphone 3G using fw 3.1.3
kuato is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:18 PM   #2
DeuceDeuce
macrumors 6502a
 
DeuceDeuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Dimas, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuato View Post
Basically I use the program Groove Shark in my car to listen to music. There are some songs that require a wifi connection to play. Is there any way to make my phone think it's on wifi but actually on 3G?

Jailbroken Iphone 3G using fw 3.1.3
3G Unrestrictor and My3G
DeuceDeuce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:19 PM   #3
kuato
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Thanks, any preference to which is better?
kuato is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 05:48 PM   #4
Baggy Spandex
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
I personally use 3GUnrestrictor. I pretty much forgot I even own it because it just works...every time...without hassle. First Cydia tweak I ever purchased...the wifi quality YouTube when on 3G was a must!
Baggy Spandex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 05:54 PM   #5
mokeiko
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
I personally use 3GUnrestrictor. I pretty much forgot I even own it because it just works...every time...without hassle. First Cydia tweak I ever purchased...the wifi quality YouTube when on 3G was a must!
+1

3GUnrestricter here also.

mokeiko
mokeiko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:00 PM   #6
M-5
macrumors 6502a
 
M-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I use My3G and it works well too. Not sure which is better. I just use it to FaceTime over 3G and occasionally download or update large apps over 3G which require wifi.
__________________
iPhone 5 64GB Black (August 2012)
MacBook Air 11" (Mid 2011)
M-5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:08 AM   #7
pjtoadie
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDeuce View Post
3G Unrestrictor and My3G
So does that mean your data plan won't show any usage? I have a 200mb data plan with AT&T and that would be pretty cool if I didn't have to worry about going over the 200mb.
pjtoadie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:10 AM   #8
neilp4453
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtoadie View Post
So does that mean your data plan won't show any usage? I have a 200mb data plan with AT&T and that would be pretty cool if I didn't have to worry about going over the 200mb.
ATT still knows you are using 3G.

The phone is just tricked.
neilp4453 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:12 AM   #9
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
No, that has nothing to do with it.
You will still use up your carrier data if you're not pulling it thru wifi and will go past your 200mb limit if you're not carefull.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtoadie View Post
So does that mean your data plan won't show any usage? I have a 200mb data plan with AT&T and that would be pretty cool if I didn't have to worry about going over the 200mb.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:39 AM   #10
pjtoadie
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilp4453 View Post
ATT still knows you are using 3G.

The phone is just tricked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
No, that has nothing to do with it.
You will still use up your carrier data if you're not pulling it thru wifi and will go past your 200mb limit if you're not carefull.
Yeah I figured....just wanted to make sure, thanks!
pjtoadie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wifi (can I make my iPhone think it's on wifi?) oglock Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 10 Jan 8, 2010 04:07 PM
trick iphone to think its on wifi fenderbass146 iPhone 1 Jul 7, 2009 05:25 PM
How to trick Appstore into thinking it's on Wifi? Vandam500 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 6 Apr 12, 2009 05:45 PM
Tricking your iPhone to believe its on wifi saned iPhone 6 Nov 27, 2008 09:43 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC