Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
iphone 4

yesterday i had the zagg installed at bestbuy

while the screen was off i did not see any lint/dust , but today i see a couple when the screen is on

if i take it back to bestbuy can they fix this for free?

if not can i take the zagg off and clean it then put it on again , i still have some of that liquid that came with the zagg

slayer41

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Call besbuy and ask.

And yeah you can. But I'm not sure how easily it will remove once it has set for a few days. You may end up ruining it.

sslanchi

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
They will fight you to the death not to return it because Zagg has put pressure on them. So many people try to return those cuz they suck.

I had to wait and speak to the store manager to return mine.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
They will fight you to the death not to return it because Zagg has put pressure on them. So many people try to return those cuz they suck.

I had to wait and speak to the store manager to return mine.

I got this from zagg.com

they just did the install

I like the zagg its just a few dust i can thats bugs me

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've used many Zagg Shields. I really like em. I think I've used em to protect as many as 15 devices.

If you have dust under the shield that's pretty much it. It's gonna stay there. Taking the shield off often stretches it. They rarely go back on correctly again.

Order a free (except shipping) replacement. Wait for it to arrive, put the new one on and send em back the old one (part of the deal to get free replacement.)

When you put the new one on.

WASH HANDS!
WASH HANDS again.
Use lint free cloth only
Use lots of spray/sponge keeping clear of water sensor.
Squeegy bubbles out. The tiny bubbles will usually disappear.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
Well Zagg offers a lifetime warranties on their shields, so you can send it in to be replaced as many times as you want, but you have to mail it in and wait.

If it hasn't been long (a couple of days) since you placed the shield then you can remove it and try to reapply it yourself. Do so gently, because if the shield has already set and you attempt to remove it you can stretch it out and it won't fit properly on your phone anymore.

Just use some hand soap on your hands and also rub it on the shield to remove all of the particles while it's under a stream of water. If you need more of the spray solution just put some water in the bottle and add a drop of hand soap; that's pretty much what the solution is anyway. Then spray it all over the shield and your fingers. The more you apply to the shield and the wetter the shield is then the easier it is to place and remove bubbles. Watch out for the holes of the device though to make sure water doesn't go inside.

lush242000

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2010
On earth
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've used many Zagg Shields. I really like em. I think I've used em to protect as many as 15 devices.

If you have dust under the shield that's pretty much it. It's gonna stay there. Taking the shield off often stretches it. They rarely go back on correctly again.

Order a free (except shipping) replacement. Wait for it to arrive, put the new one on and send em back the old one (part of the deal to get free replacement.)

When you put the new one on.

WASH HANDS!
WASH HANDS again.
Use lint free cloth only
Use lots of spray/sponge keeping clear of water sensor.
Squeegy bubbles out. The tiny bubbles will usually disappear.

Turn off the ceiling fan as well. :D

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Take it back to Best Buy, they are the ones who screwed it up, and should fix their own mistake.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Take it back to Best Buy, they are the ones who screwed it up, and should fix their own mistake.

best advice so far

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.