Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYApple19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Today when I turned on my iMac the white boot up screen came on and after the apple logo appeared the screen went black. I tried to turn it on a few more times and the same exact thing happened. It was working fine this morning

I have the new 21.5 iMac, I bought it about a month ago. Does anyone know of any problems being reported with it.

Should I contact Apple for support?

bjay25

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, Florida
By now you've probably done something to resolve the white screen and shut down. My friend bought a 21.5" four days ago 10/10/10 and experienced the same issue this morning. She called Apple Care. Whatever the issue is, it couldn't be resolved over the phone and the Apple Care rep made an appointment at the genius bar for repair "or possible replacement". The appointment is this afternoon, so I do not know the outcome yet.

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
Apologies in advance, for this! :(

Intro of Darknes

then Redness

then Whiteness!

Anyone know what I am on about?! Just curious!

bjay25

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, Florida
The outcome of my friends 21.5" iMac issue with white screen power up for less than a minute, then black screen(off). One other symptom of the issue is when they tried using the install DVD, it went in but would not eject:

The genius bar did the same and other tests that were done over the phone with Apple Care. In less than 15 minutes with the genius she went home from the Apple store with a new iMac. For those with the same symptoms on their iMac, the solution appears to be return it for a replacement. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.