Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:23 PM   #1
tablo13
macrumors 65816

iPod touch 4 custom ringtone?

Is there a way to put custom ringtones for the FaceTime in iPod touch 4? I don't wanna spend $1.29 for a 30 second ringtone, which is a ridiculous price as that's the standard for audio samples. So can I just make a 30 second ringtone on audacity and sync it with iTunes?

Last edited by tablo13; Sep 25, 2010 at 11:32 PM.
tablo13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:46 PM   #2
Abscissa
macrumors regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alEkvwJy4_0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh8hbOHzmA0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBgp_9Bo5U mac

shouldnt that work?
Abscissa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:21 AM   #3
tadad1
macrumors 6502a

I use .mp3 files for all my music in my iTunes library and to make a ring tone within iTunes is quite easy.

First listen to what ever file you want to use and work out the start and stop times for the section of music you want to use for your ringtone.

Right click on the music file and select "Get info" go to the options tab, fill the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" you want to use then close the "Get Info" window.

Right click on the music file and select "Create AAC Version" iTunes will use your preset start and stop times when converting the file.

Navigate to the folder where the file was created and change its file type from .mpa to .mpr and your ringtone is done. Click on it to open it with iTunes and it will be placed in your ringtone folder.

Don't forget to go back and remove the start and stop times from the original file when you are finished.
tadad1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch