Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
what i dont like is the screen is facing out with this holster

im using this one now

HTC Incredible.
913056548_uvr5d-XL.jpg
913062885_aZCwu-XL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Droid-Incredible-Shell-Holster-Combo/dp/B003JTL3EG

Dyspareunia

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Southern California
Thanks for the heads up! I decided to pick up 2. I've learned over time to pick up a spare holster as sometimes, because they are cheaply made, the clip breaks off or the top spring "clamp" part can break as well. (Just look into the complaints against Seidio's Spring Clip Holster for the iPhone 3GS on say Amazon.. it happened to me too!)

I have the Seidio Spring Clip Holster for the iPhone 4, which is really really good, however, it requires your iPhone 4 be completely naked. Even sticker kits on the side and some screen protectors get slowly rubbed off because of the tight fit, which is sorta of a shame because I like the holster. The Seidio holster is designed to be face in, but since the iPhone 4 is so symmetric in build, you can do either face in or face out. I would have to say this feature would probably apply to this bargain holster.

NYDiplomat

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2010
i would like to know if this is true before buying it

I have an otterbox defender and a seidio holster and it can be put in face in or out. As well as the holster that came with the case. So I'm betting the this holster can do the same. FYI I ordered this holster myself.

Dyspareunia

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Southern California
i would like to know if this is true before buying it

Oh there IS a time limit on this... it's like the daily deal, so as current as the time on this posting, their website says: "1 day 05 hour 10 min" remain with 86% sold. So you might need to take a leap of faith as I don't think anyone will have this overnighted to test the face in/face out capabilities.

Jooles

macrumors member
May 28, 2008
Good find! I ordered the Seido one since it fits the otterbox commuter very well. Can't wait to get it!

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Coupon code for $5 off the holsterip4spingholster. Just got my order in. $7.84 shipped to my job. Thanks OP for posting this.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
ok thanks i found the coupon online

got it for $7 something:)

has your credit card or paypal been charged yet?

mine hasnt

Vistan

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2010
After many tries, it finally dawned on me that the correct coupon code is [ip4spingholster] NOT [ip4springholster]. Not sure what a "sping" is, but using it will take $5 off your order! I'm in California, so my order was bumped up to $8.81 with tax...

Forgot to add to the above post that I'm betting that the Incipio NGP smoke case I just got from WalMart has about the same dimensions as the Apple Bumper case, and will fit this holster.

Vistan

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2010
Ordered the holster on Monday, received it Friday. Hand Held Items sent several status emails during the week...

Sadly, my iP4 in the Incipio NGP case does not fit. The case is just slightly too thick to seat fully in the holster. I was going to try to pry out the four corners of the holster (using heat??) to see if I can get the cased phone to slide in, however I now see that the spring clip itself will not fit over the case end. Other than this small problem, the holster seems well made.

rleepremier

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010
Just received mine. Fitment is awesome. Perfect with an apple bumper. Don't know about fitment with other bumpers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.