Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnny168

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
After a month or so of using my phone. Dust is really starting to build up dust and junk around it and in it. My phone is usually either in my hand or in my pocket, so in and out of the pocket will collect a lot of dust. The places i am focusing on are the metal grill on the speakers and the ear piece and inside the pin connector. Ive usually used a needle and just scrapped all the dust off and use a dust buster thingy. It works sorta. But i just wanted to know how do all of you clean your iphone!!

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
I use compressed air cans, like you use inside your pc.
With the straw thingy you can really get into the speaker openings and pin connector area.

So far it's been working great with a microfiber cloth for the screen and back.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i use a new oral-b soft toothbrush to brush the speaker and microphone grills.

lonnielove

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Ha I was wondering the same thing I guess we just baby our phones alot I know I do, thanks for all the ideas and suggestions.

worldinwon

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2010
I dont wash it!!

Haha!!!

I dont wash it because it will get dirty soon again!!! That's why I used a case, protective films, dock connector cap and earphone hole cap!!!!:D:D

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
haha, trust me man, toothbrush works so well, it can even clean the mute button area which is so hard to clean.

ChrnoXIII

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
definitely compressed air is best. i give mine a quick spray everytime im near dentistry dept of my university :D

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
you guys clean your phones?

I just wipe the screen with my cotton tshirt from time to time to get the fingerprints off the screen protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.